The goal of the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) is to lower a household’s energy costs by installing materials to make the home more comfortable and energy efficient. WAP is a federally funded program offered at no cost to eligible households.
Services can include identifying and sealing areas where hot air seeps into the home, installing attic and wall insulation, installation of LED light bulbs, low flow showerheads and sink faucets and replacement of qualified appliances with Energy Star rated models. You can learn more about WAP by watching the video below.
Watch a video: Weatherization in 3 Easy Steps
If you would like to apply, please click here.
*To qualify for our Weatherization Assistance Program: *
* You must be a resident of Harris County
* You must meet the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services or Department of Energy Income Guidelines
* You must provide proof of income for the last 30 days for all household members eighteen (18) years of age and older (Examples: employer gross wages, Social Security Award Letter, Unemployment, Food Stamp Award Letter, Retirement, VA Disability, etc.)
*Documents that verify identity for all household members regardless of age (Examples: Driver’s License, Passport, School ID, etc.)
*Documents that verify eligibility to receive federal benefits for all household members, regardless of age (Examples: US Passport, US Birth Certificate, Certificate of Naturalization, Permanent Resident card, etc.)
* Provide a current electric bill – Reliant customers must provide their meter number
* Provide a current gas bill (if applicable)
- M-F9:00am - 5:00pm
- Sat Closed
- Sun Closed
*Please note that this site does not take walk-in appointments. For an application, click here or call the United Way of Greater Houston Helpline at 2-1-1 to request more information. *