Utility Assistance Program
Our Utility Assistance program helps families and individuals in Harris County with the payment of their electricity and gas bills. If you are interested in applying for assistance, please contact Utility Assistance Hotline at 713-590-2327 or the United Way of Greater Houston’s Helpline (2-1-1) to request an application.
The eligibility requirements are as follows:
* Must be a resident of Harris County
* Must meet the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Income Guidelines
* Must show proof of identity for all household members – current/valid Texas Driver’s License, Texas ID, U.S. Passport, U.S. Military ID or U.S. Permanent Resident Card
* Must provide proof of Citizenship or legal residency for all household members – U.S. Passport, U.S. Birth Certificate, U.S. Permanent Resident Card
* Must provide proof of income for the past 30 days for all household members 18 years of age and older - such as employer gross wages, Social Security, Unemployment, SNAP, TANF, Child Support, Adoption Subsidies, Food Stamp Award Letter, Retirement, V.A. Disability, etc.
* Must provide a copy of electric bill
* Must provide a copy of current gas bill (if applicable)
- M-F8:00am - 5:00pm
- Sat Closed
- Sun Closed
Utility Assistance Hotline hours are listed to the left. Please note that this site does not take walk-in appointments or provide applications. Please call the Utility Asssistance Hotline at 713-590-2327 for questions about the program.