Utility Assistance Program
Our Utility Assistance program helps families and individuals in Brazoria, Galveston and Harris counties with the payment of their electricity and gas bills. Those interested in applying can do so online or by downloading an application. Start the process below by choosing the county you live in:
To request an application via mail or email please contact the Utility Assistance Hotline at 713-590-2327 or the United Way of Greater Houston Helpline at 2-1-1 or 713-957-4357.
The eligibility requirements are as follows:
* Must be a resident of Brazoria, Galveston, or Harris County
* Must show proof of identity for all household members – current/valid Texas Driver’s
* Must provide proof of Citizenship or legal residency for all household members – U.S. Passport, U.S. Birth Certificate, U.S. Permanent Resident Card
* Meet the income requirements (click here to see income guidelines)
* Must provide proof of income for the past 30 days for all household members 18 years of age and older - such as employer gross wages, Social Security, Unemployment, SNAP, TANF, Child Support, Adoption Subsidies, Food Stamp Award Letter, Retirement, V.A. Disability, etc.
* Must provide a copy of electric bill
* Must provide a copy of current gas bill (if applicable)
- M-F8:00am - 5:00pm
- Sat Closed
- Sun Closed
Utility Assistance Hotline hours are listed to the left. Please note that this site does not take walk-in appointments or provide applications. Please call the Utility Assistance Hotline at 713-590-2327 for questions about the program.