Baker Ripley Tax Center
FREE Quality Tax Preparation
* Services available: January – June 15th 2021
* Who is eligible? Families and individuals earning up to $58,000.
* Bilingual services flyer HERE
* Tax returns 2015 – 2020
* Amendments (Service will resume April 16th)
* E-filing & direct deposit
In-Person tax preparation
* By Appointment Only
* Multiple sites available in the Greater Houston Area
* A face mask is required for anyone in our buildings
Schedule your In-Person tax preparation appointment HERE
Virtual tax preparation, with the help of one of our IRS certified tax preparers is available. We have partnered with GetYourRefund (built by Code for America) to bring a portal that meets all IRS security standards to protect your information.
Preparing tax returns and amendments for 2018 – 2020
How it works:
1. Visit GetYourRefund to start
2. Choose to “File your taxes with help”
3. Answer questions to verify your identity and basic information about your finances
4. Upload documents such as ID, W-2’s, 1099, 1095-A
5. Phone review and tax preparation. You’ll be contacted by one of our IRS certified tax preparers
6. Submit your tax return with our help (we’ll give you an electronic copy)
If you have a question or issue during the virtual tax preparation, reach out to us at email@example.com
Join us as a volunteer!
Volunteers are a crucial part of our ability to serve so many neighbors. There are many ways you can make a difference, while learning a new skill. You can prepare taxes, serve as an intake specialist, translator and more.
* Click here for volunteer opportunities
* Sign up to be a volunteer
About BakerRipley Neighborhood Tax Centers
We offer free, quality services for families and individuals earning up to $58,000. Our main site currently closed is located in Southwest Houston at our BakerRipley Gulfton Sharpstown Campus. During tax season, we have 11 locations in the Greater Houston Area.
Since 2009, our tax centers have prepared over 374,000 tax returns, putting over $510 million back in the pockets of working families. Families save an average of $270 in tax preparation and predatory refund loans fees amounting to an estimated savings of about $7 million per year.
- Mon Closed
- Tue Closed
- Wed Closed
- Thu Closed
- Fri Closed
- Sat Closed
- Sun Closed
Centers are open by Appointment only.
- Tax Services