Baker Ripley Tax Center
FREE Quality Tax Preparation
* Who is eligible? Families and individuals earning up to $58,000.
* 3 sites available from May 9th – November 15th, 2022
* Bilingual services flyer HERE
In-Person tax preparation
* Walk-in Only
3 Locations open until November 15th 2022
*BakerRipley Gulfton Sharpstown Campus *
6500 Rookin St.
Houston, TX 77074
Monday – Thursday 10:00am – 5:00pm
Friday 12:00pm – 4:00pm
BakerRipley Pasadena Campus
720 Fairmont Pkwy
Pasadena, TX 77504
Wednesday 10:00am – 5:00pm
*BakerRipley East Aldine Campus *
3000 Aldine Mail Route Rd.
Houston, TX 77039
Thursday 10:00am – 5:00pm
Virtual tax preparation, with the help of one of our IRS certified tax preparers. We have partnered with GetYourRefund (built by Code for America) to bring a portal that meets all IRS security standards to protect your information.
- Preparing tax returns and amendments for 2019 – 2021
How it works:
* 1. Visit GetYourRefund to start
* 2. Choose to “File your taxes with help”
* 3. Answer questions to verify your identity and basic information about your finances
* 4. Upload documents like: ID, W-2’s, 1099, 1095-A
* 5. Phone review and tax preparation. You’ll be contacted by one of our IRS certified tax preparers.
* 6. Submit your tax return with our help (we’ll give you an electronic copy)
- If you have a question or issue during the virtual tax preparation, reach out to us at: email@example.com
Child Tax Credit
Households with children 17 years old or younger may receive up to $3,600 per child.
Households with children may qualify regardless of whether:
* The child has a Social Security Number and the child caregiver file taxes with an ITIN number
* Their income was $0 or low enough to not have to file taxes
* Child Tax Credit [Flyer]
Join us as a volunteer!
Volunteers are a crucial part of our ability to serve so many neighbors. There are many ways you can make a difference, while learning a new skill. You can prepare taxes, serve as an intake specialist, translator and more.
* Click here for volunteer opportunities
* Sign up to be a volunteer
About BakerRipley Neighborhood Tax Centers
We offer free, quality services for families and individuals earning up to $58,000. Our main site is located in Southwest Houston at our BakerRipley Gulfton Sharpstown Campus. During tax season, we have 11 locations in the Greater Houston Area.
Since 2009, our tax centers have prepared over 400,000 tax returns, putting over $560 million back in the pockets of working families. Families save an average of $270 in tax preparation and predatory refund loans fees amounting to an estimated savings of about $7 million per year.
- Mon 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Tue 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Wed 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Thu 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Fri 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Sat Closed
- Sun Closed
- Tax Services